Friday, September 08, 2006

Snip!

Some months ago, I had a realization that my last years of college would be the only time I would be able to do some things and get away with them. Eating pizza all the time. Playing poker on Thursday nights with the guys. Growing my hair out.

So when I started to grow my hair out, people were okay with it for a while. A few weeks into it, my hair looked liked a huge fuzz ball, and the jokes came forth. The peer pressure to cut it was unbelievable. However, people kept on harassing me, so I took the high road and made up a lie, "I can´t cut my hair, I am growing it out for Locks of Love."

After I started telling people about my great idea - that small voice in the back of my head that I don't listen to much kicked in - I realized that I couldn't just say that. So I actually began doing it. I was doing all well, until May 2005 when I cut 6 inches of my hair (not for graduation but for the three weddings that I had in a two week span). Thus I started again, and started growing it out again. A year and three months later, I had my long hair again.

Yesterday I realized 2 things:
1. I have more than 10 inches of hair, and
2. summer is going to be hot.

So I cut my hair completely off. The moment of truth, here is what I look like now.

Now everyone say a prayers and lets pray that my package of hair arrives to the organization, and not in the trashcan of some customs official.

Special thanks to all who supported my...mainly my cousins Adrian and Matthew.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn dirty hippy! about time you cut yer hair!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice haircut...now we can both say, that we´ve donated hair to Locks of Love...way to go!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

roy,

sup man
this is joe ... from humble high. we were in speech and debate together.

i am in the peace corps in the dominican republic

my e-mail is joegmc3@hotmail.com
shoot me an email sometime.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger