Thursday, April 20, 2006

Crack! went the Egg


Photo from Roy Pequeno.

So back at home for Easter my family and I make Easter Eggs. However, being away from my family I completely forgot about making Easter Eggs. Then about a week before Easter it hit me that I needed to make Easter Eggs. So I began the process of eating eggs for just about every meal.

I believe the others in my house were confused when they saw me cracking the eggs. Instead of cracking it regularly into two parts, I only cut out a small portion on top, and shook the egg whites and yolk out of the shell. So now I had an empty egg shell - with a hole on top. Caitlin and Tom looked at me strangely, and so I decided to explain what I was doing.

In Texas we have Easter Eggs that we dye, put confetti into to them, put tissue paper on top of the shell (to prevent the confetti from falling out, hide the eggs, children find them, and then the war starts. Its basically like a mini-pinata. I also told them that there are some places in Houston, that you can go and buy shells with or without confetti by the dozen. And to my surprise, the very next day I received a package from my parents that had a dozen and a half Easter Eggs.

Thus throughout the Easter Day, I slowly starting taking out my housemates. When they weren't expecting it all you could hear was my arm soaring through the wind and CRACK! Of course we all got a little confetti on us - and the house was a mess. But no one could get mad because there were so many pretty colors!

Pictures of my housemates will be uploaded to flickr soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Son

I was just rereading your blog - did you finish your Easter Eggs? Were you able to do some confiti?

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah... i hate my phone. i will pass along the messages. good to hear from ya

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger