Thursday, April 20, 2006

Places have 4 seasons?


Photo from Roy Pequeno.
Well I am not going to lie, being down here in Chile during April is weird. Mainly cause instead of going into Spring - I am entering Fall!

I guess with Easter coming and going has really had me thinking about the weather down here. State-side most people are beginning to put away there heavy coats and busting out all their shorts and summer clothes. However, down here...WRONG!

Being from south Texas, I am use to two types of weather - Hot and MELTING HOT! During the summer (November-February-ish) people would complain about the heat. I would look at them and kind of laugh. I mean the heat has nothing on me. Me and the Santiago Heat had an understanding - during the summer I will put on shorts and tank-tops and sit in the shade. Check!

However, now as we are entering the phase right before winter - I believe its called Fall (once again I am from Texas and really never had the opportunity to experience this) its getting cold. Right now, Caitlin and Meg both sleep in their sleeping bags. Tom and I are a little more stubburn and have decided not to bust open our "sleepings" until May 1. We realized that if we bust them open now, that we will be sleeping in them until October - that's 6 months!

Anywho. The weather is nice and the scenaryis beautiful. The leaves are changing colors and parts of Santiago remind me of that painter that was on PBS - I think Bob with the afro - that always painted those happy tress.

I am really enjoying having this wonderful time. At times it is a bit cold, but nevertheless I am still alive and haven't frozen. Then again, we haven't entered winter. Bottom line - Fall is actually kind of a pretty season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger