Saturday, March 04, 2006

Puerto Montt Sunset


Photo from Roy Pequeno.
Puerto Montt

So on Friday (our last day of Habitat work) we decided that we should go ahead and buy our tickets for a Saturday night trip back to Santiago. At the window we were told that all tickets on Curz del Sur- the line we used to get down to Temuco cause it was cheaper than the other - were completely booked until Wednesday. Instead of paying for a completely expensive ticket - being the adventures and completely intelligent people we are - we decided to take advantage of this opportunity and headed SOUTH.

The weather was freaking cold, which we were not expecting . maybe we aren't as smart as I thought. We quickly found a hostal and chilled. It was nothing amazing - I mean it was a hostal - but cozy. The only thing I hated was that I felt like I was in the land of the Smurf. Every time I got up and walked anywhere I hit my head on a beam on the roof or something. I think I still have like ten bumps on my head!

We walked around the majority of the time. While in Puerto Montt we practiced our pillar of simple living (look at the link first). Okay, so we really didn't have a hostal I just felt bad for all yall who think that I am down here in Chile living a hard life - now its time to be truthful. What I am really doing down here is taking a luxury cruise for two years. This whole HCA thing is just a cover-up. I mean we even ate at McDonald's while here.

Other than that, we just enjoyed being in community with each other and getting to know the locals. We ate out every now and and then, and mainly just chilled. Enjoying our last few days of summer before our work begins. And in the evenings we headed to our cruise ship to take naps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger