Wednesday, January 25, 2006


CEVA

January 25, 006

Alright so Monday I started this week long Church day camp thing, called CEVA. This year, Maureen - one of my program-mates in Pocuro - is the woman in charge. So since we volunteered (more likely got suckered - just kiding) to be group leaders. We have been going from 7:30 AM to at least 6 PM every day in the blistering heat. This task is draining. I feel almost like I am in SEU Orientation but missing my other half - AARON!!

Anyway. Monday Jamie and I had to explain the Creation Story. Jamie summarized the main points, and while he said everything I got to play God and act everything out. It was a hit and the kids seemed to be very excited.

Then on Tuesday, it was a hot day and we talked about taking care of the world. Basically how we should recycle and the water cycle. We took a field trip in the morning to learn more about these things in the morning. Then in the afternoon we got a visit from the Bomberos. Basically the firefighters came in and hosed us all down.

It was fun at first until, the kids decided to attack the Tios (group leaders) and pick them up and throw them into the huge mud puddle that formed. Yeah, you guessed right, I was one of those Tíos lucky enough to get THROWN right into the mud. It was a lot of fun. When I got home, it took at least 3 shampoos to get MOST of the mud out. I am sure I have at least a kilo of mud hidden somewhere in my hair.

Two days down - five to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger