Thursday, December 01, 2005

And the answer is...


Well Ryan was nice enough to inform the group that today makes 100 days in South America. Its crazy how time flies. I would like to say that that it feels like I left the states yesterday...but that would be a lie...it feels like I left a week ago.

I know I am gonna sound like a huge nerd, but one thing I miss from the states is Jeopardy! I mean, on the few occassions when I actually knew some of the answers, I felt like a million bucks. However, most of the time I was like "man I am an idiot" or "I should've known that" or most common "I knew that!" Anyways, since I miss Jeopardy, I would like to play with y'all. Here is my Jeopardy answer "The capital of Bolivia." Now you have to come up with the answer.
You have all the time in the world...or until you stroll down to find the answer. As you think...please play the Jeopardy music in your head.

Okay here we go. Bolivia, named after independence fighter Simon BOLIVAR, broke away from Spanish rule in 1825. When Bolivia was founded my its "founding fathers" they decided on a small location. Then about some years ago ( I dont know exactly when), the government realized that it was hard for international travel to get to the capital. So, the government moved all its buildings to what is now known as the capital of Bolivia, La Paz. The interesting thing is that La Paz has never been officially named the capital of Bolivia. The only reason many people believe it is, is because the executive and judical branches of the government are located in La Paz. However, the legistative branch and the equivalent to the Supreme Court can both be found in the "ancient" capital, which is the true and official capital of the country.

Thus the next time the Final Jeopardy answer is "The capital of Bolivia" you know now that:
  • La Paz is the seat of government, and
  • Sucre is the legal capital and seat of judiciary.

Well I figured I offer some interesting pieces of information to celebrate our Anyways 100th day in South America. Happy 100th day to us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya geek...

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but I bet you don't know the landspeed of an african swallow...

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the capitals of a lot countries have their own stories as to why they became the seat of government. I appreciate the information you gave about Bolivia.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger