Thursday, April 20, 2006

Isabelle


Photo from Roy Pequeno.

When I made my decision to join HCA: Chile for two and a half years, I was like this is the next big step in my life. I guess somewhere, in the back of my mind, I believed that life would kinda stop and nothing to interesting would happen until I got back. I mean, we all know that the world revolves are ME and not the sun.

How wrong I was.

Back before I left for orientation, I told my sister and Jared (my brother-in-law) - mainly Roni though - that she could not have a kid while I was away in South America. I told her that she can not get pregnant while I was gone. Then thinking about it I went ahead and told her that she could get pregnant in April of 2007 - add the nine months I would be home from my years of service. So during orientation - about two weeks that I had this conversation with my sister - I get a call and of course I am told that "Rolé you´re gonna become a tío again." I was overwhelmed with emotions - mainly something near anger cause I was gone not even two weeks and my little sister was pregnant.

Anyway - back to present day. So this whole time I have been told that my sister is pregnant, but its been kinda hard to believe mainly cause I havent been around her to see it. Her whole pregnancy happened while I was away from the house. So I think I have been doubting the whole thing - and kinda believing that it was a conspiracy that my whole family was involved in to bring me back home. I mean I think I had about three pictures of her "pregnant" but to me it seemed like she had a pillow underneath her shirt.

Well, March 31th - about 10ish Chilean Time - my sister and Jared became the proud parents of Isabelle Nicole Jones. So now I am a tío again and realized there are two options to explain what happened:
1. Realm of Reality -the world doesnt stop for me just - and my sister really does have a new daughter. Or,
2. my family has taken this conspiracy to far and are really desperate for me to visit.

Here is one of the first pictures of the new Jones Family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Role, Went to see Belle and she is perfect. There is only one thing that I think we should do -- it would be ......

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger