Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Same ole’ Roy

“In daylight? In sunsets? In midnights? In cup of coffee? How do you measure, measure a year?” I believe the Rent song Season of Love asks a valid question. Now, multiply that year by two. It has officially been more than two years, since I left my house to join the Holy Cross Associates.

Since I have been gone many things have changed. Friends have graduate college. Some have almost completed their master programs. People have gotten married. My sister and brother-in-law have become parents again (and another is on the way). Cousins are entering their final year of high school. And so much more. While living in Bolivia and Chile, I have changed. I am now more mature, know what I stand for, and understand my values.

Two weeks ago, I decided to take a mini-vacation with some of my community members to Mendoza, Argentina. I quickly threw stuff into a backpack, and we hopped on the metro – fingers crossed – hoping that we would be able to catch the last bus out of Santiago.

As we got settled on the bus, I began to get comfortable. I took off my sweater folding it into a pillow, pulled my hat over my eyes, and wrapped myself in my blanket. After a few moments, I opened my eyes, only to see my three community members laughing at me. Or better yet my blanket.



You can put Roy in a life changing experience and make him more mature, but down deep inside, he is still just Roy. I guess something will never change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger