Monday, October 31, 2005

Back to the Cancha

So unlike so many other Halloweens before, I didn’t do anything to exciting. My main excitement came from playing in the volleyball tournament with my team. As y’all can assume I was out for two weeks, since Kujo attacked me. But after what seemed like an eternity I was finally able to join my team on the cancha.

I think that I must define the word “cancha” for most of y’all. The word has two main uses: 1. a cement court with lines for soccer, basketball, and volleyball 2. is the main mercado where people can buy just about anything.

Since I arrived in Bolivia (about two months ago) my life has been filled with several different types of activities. I usually try and play some type of sport on a weekly basis. Monday is usually volleyball, Tuesday is hockey, Wednesday is soccer, and Thursday thru Sunday usually consists of pick up games from tennis to Frisbee. Monday nights have become the new Friday.

Sometime next week I will update a picture with my teammates. But for now the picture of me heckling the profesoras, as we won, will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger